50th Reunion–Class of 1970
We hope you will plan to join us as we celebrate the
Class of 1970’s 50th Reunion during Homecoming Weekend on:
Friday, September 25–Sunday, September 27, 2020
Seniors celebrate at the Victory Bell. 1970 Beacon
50 years is a long time, but it is likely your thoughts and memories of Valparaiso University are still strong. Whether it was the professor who guided you, the friendships that remain today, or the special moment of reflection that you captured at the Chapel of the Resurrection—everyone has a Valpo story.
If you have thought about leaving a legacy at Valpo, we would be delighted to discuss how you can make that happen. There are many ways to support the University while addressing your own philanthropic priorities and financial circumstances. Some examples include:
- Bequest intentions and beneficiary designations
- Charitable gift annuities—provide immediate payments of fixed income for life
- Deferred charitable annuities—provide payments of fixed income for life with payments beginning at a future date designated by the donor
- Charitable trusts—remainder and lead
All future gifts will provide meaningful support to secure Valpo’s future and enhance the University’s ability to fulfill its mission. If you have already included Valpo in your future plans, let us know. We would be delighted to welcome you into the Kretzmann Society.
Deferred gifts also support Forever Valpo: The Campaign for Our Future, a $250 million endowment campaign that will secure permanent resources for scholarships, faculty development, and programs that prepare students for lives of leadership and service.
Please contact us to find out more by calling 219.464.5147 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some fun facts from 1970:
- Richard Nixon was President of the United States
- Average home cost $26,600
- Average annual income was $9,400
- Gas was 36 cents per gallon
- Bridge over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel was album of the year
You graduated from Valpo with an education that reflected the long-standing Lutheran tradition of scholarship, freedom, and faith and prepared you to lead and serve in both church and society.
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.